Book reviews, art, gaming, Objectivism and thoughts on other topics as they occur.

Aug 29, 2007

Obsidian Portal

Obsidian Portal is a resource for RPG gamers to track their campaigns online. It's primarily focused on maintaining the story of your game, with a blog of sorts for your adventure log and a wiki where you can store basic information in an organized structure. It's still in beta so some of the features are buggy (like the one that lets you assign NPC's as "GM Only"), but thus far I've found it to be rewarding.

If you'd like to check out my game, it's in the list under Brave New World. As an added incentive, you can see some of my actual drawings there, as I figured out how to use Sprint Picturemail with my poor sad abused little cell phone, so I've been sketching like mad over the past couple of days. And yes, I know the pictures are strangely . . . orange. I think the effect doesn't look so bad, but it has made me desperately desire a real camera with a FLASH.

And before you tell me how bad my art sucks, none of those drawings took me longer than 15 minutes. So there. I may be updating them as I become more familiar with using the camera, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've fixed the GM Only bug! Thanks for reporting it, as it was truly a doozy!

Jennifer Snow said...

Yes, I noticed that! Good job for you! Pats on the back, kudos, etc!