Book reviews, art, gaming, Objectivism and thoughts on other topics as they occur.

Apr 26, 2006

It's Sad, Really

I can sympathize with Diana Hsieh's most recent coverage of the ongoing war between Objectivists and others that claim to be Objectivists, although my personal experience with behavior like this is more along the lines of coworkers sniping at each other and being mistreated by gaming buddies. Since I'm blogging as an Objectivist (even though I don't explicitly discuss a lot of philosophy) I thought it might be prudent to explain where I fall in this disagreement.

Previously, I hadn't really thought much about it, and I wasn't particularly concerned about the issue. However, reading Diana's blog has educated me a great deal about the importance of drawing a line between people who accurately represent Objectivism and those who distort it and use it for an unknown personal agenda.

So, here it is: I'm a full-bore ARI supporter. However, I don't claim to be an authority on the thinking of ARI scholars and I certainly don't claim to speak for them, so my views will now return quietly to the background.

On with the book reviews!

No comments: