Book reviews, art, gaming, Objectivism and thoughts on other topics as they occur.

Jul 4, 2006

Happy Birthday, America!

It's a bit rainy here today, but I'm hoping for an opportunity to go see the fireworks, but if that doesn't work out, I'm going to have a black cow. (In case you aren't a Midwesterner, that's a root beer float. I'm not usually very fond of root beer, but it's a tradition in my family to have them on the Fourth of July, and frankly the day just wouldn't seem complete without one.)

Across the country, patriots of every description are celebrating in their own ways. Here's a few that I noticed:

Cox and Forkum have a great cartoon posted, along with links to the Declaration of Independance.

Gus Van Horn does a spiffy roundup, mentioning the Independant Women's Forum. I was intrigued by this link, so I stopped by and found their particularly interesting suggestion for a Fourth of July celebration: don't see Superman Returns.

I was a little surprised at that! Read the article, though, and you may find yourself nodding in agreement. I've added the IWF to my list of links, as I think they have some definite promise. It's nice to see a group for rational women around!

No comments: