Book reviews, art, gaming, Objectivism and thoughts on other topics as they occur.

Sep 23, 2013

Getting the Hang of It

Feeling significantly better today than I did when we first arrived.  Not sure why the drive up here stressed me out so badly, but it did.  I went for a walk yesterday and found a nice little diner where I got an omelet for lunch, then I located a CVS pharmacy so I could get some bottled water.  I get dehydrated a lot when I travel and it's pretty miserable, so I like to make sure I always have something to drink on hand.

After Adam got through with his conference, we went to this little Mexican place called Mezcalina which was extremely pleasant.  I got a salad of beets and some ceviche that was really quite spicy and extremely good.  I don't think I've ever had ceviche that I remembered, so that was a fun experience.  I spent most of the day reading instead of getting any work done, but I did go for a nice long walk in the park and enjoy the nice weather.  I also had some fun visits with staircases to remind me of just how out-of-shape I am.  I need to get back into exercising.  I'm not sure how well lifting weights was really helping me--I didn't make any progress that I saw even over the course of months--but I can at least start doing something to help improve my wind and get the blood pumping.

Most people would probably make more of their trip, but for me just going down to the park for a while is about all the excitement I'm looking for.  There's an art museum around here somewhere that I could visit--not that long of a walk, it looks like.  Maybe I'll check that out tomorrow.  Currently I'm just waiting for someone to call from Dell because the HDD hard drive in Adam's laptop decided to sputter and die, leaving only the SSD drive working.

It's funny to me, given how expensive this hotel room is, that the shower leaks (and the shower door handle is loose, too), and the bed makes my back ache.  It always makes me think about what could be done to help people be more comfortable while traveling.  Heck, I'd give a lot to have a microwave in here, although I can't actually eat most ready-to-eat microwave meals.  Guess I'll just have to wait until Adam gets back tonight.

No comments: