Book reviews, art, gaming, Objectivism and thoughts on other topics as they occur.

Jan 19, 2006

Home Alone

In general, I am not a very social person, and I've found this tendency increasing as I get older. Sometimes, though, I get lonely, followed by bitterness at my inability to meet people I like that return the favor.

I think the main reason behind this is that I am simply aggressively weird in almost every way, so I've compiled this List of Ways I am Abnormal (socially):

1. No makeup
2. No jewelry
3. Don't drink
4. Don't party
5. Don't dance
6. Unusual hobbies
7. Frightfully honest
8. Fiercely independant
9. Naturally reticent
10. Don't care to abide by anyone else's standards

It's not an inclusive list, but you start to get the picture. I embrace my oddities, but it does mean that I spend a lot of time by myself.

Well, that's what books are for.

1 comment:

david said...

1. No makeup
2. No jewelry
3. Don't drink
4. Don't party
5. Don't dance

Yep -- me, too. Althought the makeup and jewelry could be inferred by my gender :-) No alcohol since age 21 -- amazing how many social situations & resulting bad situations/people are avoided by following that simple rule!