Book reviews, art, gaming, Objectivism and thoughts on other topics as they occur.

Jan 18, 2006

Serenity Soundtrack

I have peculiar tastes where it comes to music, which frequently makes it difficult for me to buy CD's. Coupled with my inability to remember musician names and song titles I have a terrible time getting copies of anything that I actually like, and even if I do manage to get a CD by an artist I like, usually I'll only enjoy two or three of the songs on it. (Why don't I buy songs online? Because I can't remember the name of the song or the name of the musician, that's why!)

My solution to this problem has been to get movie soundtracks. Unlike musicians, I can remember the name of the movie, and the musical pieces on the CD tend to all be related, so I like a higher percentage of them.

I enjoyed watching Serenity quite a bit, so I picked up the soundtrack the last time I was in the store. The music is quite good, but unfortunately the upbeat "Wild West"-style tracks tend to be short, whereas the grim or scary mood tracks tend to be a bit longer. It is excellent music to listen to while gaming or reading, though, as the deep mellow sounds fill the background without overpowering or startling you.

No comments: