Book reviews, art, gaming, Objectivism and thoughts on other topics as they occur.

Oct 2, 2013

Whedon Wednesday

So, I overdosed a bit on Joss Whedon yesterday so I can write about it today.  The first thing I did was watch the first episode of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." on Hulu, and then I rented and watched "Much Ado about Nothing".  Finally, I watched the 2nd episode of AoS on ABC.

Fun times.  I won't comment much about AoS apart from to say that I had fun and now I have a TV show that I am actually following.  I don't watch too much TV, and series shows tend to lose my attention sometime in the 2nd season as the writers run out of invention.  We'll see if this happens with AoS, but for now I'm eagerly awaiting the next episode.  I will say that I just adore Clark Gregg, though.  He's so adorable and has such a charming smile, particularly when he's shooting his own team with truth serum.  (Watch the dang show.  No more spoilers.)

That make a great segue into "Much Ado about Nothing" because Gregg plays Leonato in the movie.  Actually, the entire movie is almost a Joss Whedon Reunion, having cast members from Angel, Firefly, and the Avengers in there.  Alexis Denisof does a deliciously corny Benedick, although he sounds bizarre to me without the faux-English accent he had in Buffy and Angel.  Or maybe the English accent is his REAL accent and the North American one is the fake?  I dunno, he does both well enough that I can't tell, much like Hugh Laurie.  I also loved Nathan Fillion's little cameo as Dogberry.  All in all, if you like Shakespeare this is a fun modern adaptation that actually uses Shakespeare's language.  So a fun time all around. Watch it.

No comments: