Book reviews, art, gaming, Objectivism and thoughts on other topics as they occur.

Nov 9, 2005

I am a FanGirl

I don't spend much time reading newspapers because I don't like to dig through endless reams of facts in order to detect broad ideological trends. Luckily for me, there's The Intellectual Activist, where Robert Tracinski does most of the legwork for me.

Much as I love Mr. Tracinski's adroit commentary, I really read TIA Daily for Jack Wakeland's occasional essays and articles in The War Department. An unabashed and unforgiving hawk with substantial knowledge of matters military, Mr. Wakeland has been unfailing in following the war in Iraq and putting it into historical perspective.

It doesn't hurt that he's an engineer and pistol instructor, either! While I was still participating on TIA Forum I had a few opportunities to "talk" with Mr. Wakeland, and I enjoyed the experience tremendously.

So, before anyone else claims the title, I'm announcing I'm Mr. Wakeland's #1 FanGirl. If he happens to read this, I hope he also has a good sense of humor.

No comments: